How safe is your smile from cavities? Although everyone is at risk for cavities, there are plenty of bad habits and routines that can increase your risk of cavities and the rate at which tooth decay can occur. The best way to prevent cavities is to set a firm plan in place to monitor which foods and drinks you are eating, and what tools you are using to help keep your mouth clean. Listed below are a few common techniques, methods, and tools you should consider using to enhance your oral health care arsenal to battle back against cavities:
– Are your brushing your teeth twice per day and flossing once per day?
– Are you using effective dental tools that can effectively get the job done, such as electric toothbrushes, toothbrushes with soft bristles, shred-resistant dental floss, or water flossers?
– Have you considered trying to use supplementary cleaning tools after you eat, such as mouthwash and sugarless gum?
– Are you using dental tools that feature the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance or are recommended by your dentist?
– Are you eating a healthy diet that is low in sugar and high in vitamins and minerals?
– Are you attending regularly scheduled oral exams with your dentist including 2 professional cleanings every year?
No matter the needs you require from your dental fillings, our team at Barry Kinney can help. Dr. Barry Kinney and our team can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine which dental filling treatment best for you and your oral health care needs. To schedule a visit to our dentist office in San Francisco, California, call us at 415-647-7077. Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a cavity-free smile today!