Over time, the color of our teeth can dull to a grayish shade or may be replaced with yellow spots or an overall pale-yellow look. Many dental conditions or oral habits may contribute to losing that shine. If you find yourself in that situation, please contact Barry Kinney for a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Barry Kinney.
There are a variety of teeth-whitening kits and services, which are performed at our dentist office. These options include:
– Take-home bleaching trays, which you apply over a certain time-period
– In-office bleaching that a dental assistant or dental hygienist would apply
– Teeth-whitening toothpaste that you would need to brush with on a daily basis for several weeks or months
– Store-bought whitening paste that takes several applications
– Laser whitening that is used by an LED light that is specifically designed to increase the enhancing bleaching action of gel that is applied first
Whatever option you choose, there are some things to be aware of and precautions you need to consider before using a teeth-whitening system. First, it is very important that pregnant and lactating women not use teeth-whitening products, as it could adversely affect the fetus. Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Check with your dentist, if you are not sure and to learn more about precautions.
That said, teeth-whitening is very safe and rarely, do complications exist. There are some kits that can get your teeth looking radiant with teeth whitening San Francisco, California, even up to 8 shades whiter. For more information on our teeth-whitening service, please get in touch with our dental team at 415-647-7077.