Do you brush your teeth every day? If so, great job! Sadly, many people do not brush correctly or enough, which causes severe cavities and other dental issues to arise resulting in painful situations. Brushing your teeth is essential to your oral health and should be done each day and accurately to be fully effective. To help you understand more about the importance of brushing your teeth, our dentists with the dental practice of Barry Kinney in San Francisco, California, are happy to give you some advice on the subject.
Here are some tips and intel when it comes to caring for your teeth properly:
– Brushing between your teeth twice every day can help protect your teeth from several oral health risks.
– Brushes need to be replaced every 3 to 5 months or whenever you start to notice damage and wear are present. Also, replace your brush if it has become contaminated.
– To clean your front teeth, turn your brush vertical. For all other teeth, brush at a 45-degree angle.
– To prevent bacterial contamination, never let anyone else use your brush.
– If you do not have a tongue scraper readily available, make sure to clean your tongue with your toothbrush.
– To prevent damage to your tooth enamel, always used toothbrushes that have soft bristles.
Brushing your teeth can help keep your smile clean and white for years to come. Without proper care of your teeth, you could suffer from tooth loss, which can put a hindrance on your life. If you have questions about your oral health, please contact our office today at 415-647-7077. Our dental team is trained to address your questions and concerns about your oral health care. Dr. Barry D. Kinney and Dr. Coragene I. Savio are always happy to help you.